Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Birth Day



Jasper is two years old today. His birth day is still such a raw, emotional time for me. Sometimes it is hard to believe it has only been two years, considering everything that has happened, beginning with the words “it’s a boy” and “infant stroke.” In spite of all the neurology appointments that first year, the doctor appointments, the increasing number of therapy appointments these days - every day I look at Jasper and know we are incredibly lucky. His glowing smile, deep laughter, radiant energy, his delight at the world immediately around him, Jasper is not aware of his stroke, and that is how he lives his life.

Nothing prepared me for the way your child simply steals your heart away. Happy birthday to the love of my life, Jasper. Thank you for choosing me for your momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment